Living from the Inside Out: Yoga in Yelapa, Mexico
February 2 – 9, 2019
with Kelly Baraby
Kim and Kelly invite you to journey to Yelapa for a week of yoga and meditation and the chance to immerse yourself in a different way of life. Yelapa, Jalisco is a 45-minute boat ride across Banderas Bay from Puerto Vallarta. There are no roads to this town, only boats. This is an opportunity to slow down and embrace the beauty and simplicity of a Mexican village.
Awaken each day to the sounds of the jungle and breathe deeply the rhythms of the ocean. The Sky Temple is a gorgeous open-air studio with fantastic views. We will have daily morning yoga sessions, gently opening our bodies to the day ahead. After lunch, take time to rest or explore the beach and town, then we have a late afternoon class that will focus on restorative poses and meditation. All classes will be appropriate for all levels, beginners are welcome.
Our host, the visionary Judith Roth, has a huge heart and open arms. She will take care of all the details, making sure you feel welcome and at home in Yelapa. She is well loved by the local community and has helped bring economic stability to this remote village through her volunteer projects. (For those interested, we will be bringing items of need to the community. More details later.)
Casa Garcias has individual units with beach front views. It is located closer to the village and offers a chance to be closer to the water and the beach. The casas are tiled, have one or two bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms and bathroom.
Each room in Yelapa has its own kitchen facility including a refrigerator. Breakfast items will be supplied in each unit. If there is a special coffee, tea or snack item you want during the week you are welcome to bring them with you. You can shop in the small village store for fresh fruits, drinks and for any other items for your room.
We will be eating our lunches at the Sky Temple (except for one day). These lunches will be lovingly prepared by Judith's friends from the village and are fresh and delicious.
Four Group dinners will be held at various haciendas and family homes in Yelapa. Our two ‘free’ nights will give us the chance to try the local restaurants.
Yelapa is a small coastal village, accessible by boat only. It is not an island but the end of a peninsula where roads have not been developed. There are no cars in Yelapa; mules and horses are still used for transportation. Walking is an integral part of the Yelapa experience; everywhere we go is on foot!
Yelapa is steeped in beauty; the beach, the river, the forests, the plants, the birds and the village. Judith Roth, the visionary behind Sky Temple, has created the opportunity to practice yoga in a stunning setting within an authentic Mexican village experience. Judith lovingly opens her home and heart to all who visit Sky Temple. Sky Temple sits on top of a hill so be prepared to climb a long set of stairs each day for class.
Cost $1499 (double occupancy)
- Single occupancy available, + $375, please inquire
- Triple occupancy $1399 (you'll need 2 others willing to share the cabana)
- To protect your investment, please consider Travel Insurance.
- 1 night lodging in Puerto Vallarta on arrival
- 6 nights lodging in Yelapa
- Round trip private boat transportation, Puerto Vallarta / Yelapa
- Transfers of luggage from Yelapa Pier to lodging
- Daily breakfasts, lunches and dinners in Yelapa (except one lunch and two dinners).
- All classes and use of the fully equipped stunning Sky Temple Yoga Studio
- A guided hike up river to a beautiful waterfall
You need a valid passport for travel to Mexico.
Airfare: Fly into Puerto Vallarta on Saturday, February 2 before 5:00 PM and depart on Saturday, February 9, after 2:00 PM. On the 2nd, we will gather at the Hotel Eloisa at 6:00 PM to go out for dinner. Our boat comes back to PV pier at 11:30 AM on the 9th; it is a 30-minute drive to the airport.
Round trip transfer airport/ PV hotel (~ $40)
Dinner in Puerto Vallarta Feb. 2nd
1 lunch and 2 dinners in Yelapa (to allow you the chance to explore the village eateries and enjoy some free time).
Boat transportation to Yelapa if you arrive/depart at a different time than our group
Tips, approx. $40
How to register
- To reserve a spot email: Kim.Scheicher@gmail.com
- Send your non-refundable deposit of $300 to Kim Schleicher, PO Box 73, Helena, MT 59624.
- Double or single or triple?
- Please include your full name, address, email and phone number.
- Indicate if you have a roommate or would like us to choose one.
- The final balance is due, Dec. 3
- If registering after Dec 3 please pay in full.